Fourth Plenary Meeting Prague, 28-29 November 2008
To all CLIOHRES members,
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Greetings to everyone after what we hope has been a pleasant and productive summer. We hope all your TWG meetings are going well and wish we could participate in all of them.
We are writing to confirm that -- as planned -- the Fourth CLIOHRES Plenary Meeting will be held in Prague. We suggest that you make your travel reservations now, because prices are still good, but will go up soon.
Please confirm your participation as quickly as you can filling out the registration form at the following link: http://www.cliohres.net/plenary/prague/index2.html .
Arrival is planned for 27 November, the meeting will take place on 28 - 29 November (Arrival on 27 November except for CC members who will arrive on 26 November).
The general format of the CLIOHRES meeting will be different to what it was in Pisa, Reykjavik and Malta. In fact, there will be a special opening reception and dinner on the day of arrival.
Schematically, the format will be as follows:
- evening of 27 November: pre-conference reception at 19.00 and dinner at 20.00
- morning of 28 November: break up into TWGs, then lunch at the hotel, and transfer to the Charles University of Prague,
- afternoon of 28 November: formal opening, the Rector of the Charles University of Prague, then the Gender presentations and various discussion sessions as organised by the TWG4;
- morning of 29 November: continuation of TWG meetings and preparation of reports;
- afternoon of 29 November: final reports to the Plenary, Doctoral Assembly and Consortium Assembly
As usual we will reimburse your air travel expense after the meeting when you send us the request with the used tickets and boarding passes. We can reimburse low-cost or economy flights.
If you wish to stay extra days you will be responsible, naturally, for all the extra charges; you will also need to demonstrate that the price actually paid for the ticket is equal or less than what you would have paid for a ticket for the normal days of the meeting.
If you have doubts or questions, please write to us promptly to clarify.
We look forward to an important and enjoyable meeting
Kathy and Gudmundur
Information on Prague Meeting
Pocket Guide (pdf)
Pocket Guide (pdf)
PRESS CONFERENCE OF CLIOHRES AND THE CHARLES UNIVERSITY IN PRAGUE - FACULTY OF ARTS
WHEN: Thursday, 27.11.2008, 11:00
WHERE: CLAM GALLAS PALACE, HUSOVA 20, PRAHA 1 (MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES IN PRAGUE), SECOND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM
Accommodation has been reserved for participants at:
OREA HOTELS a.s.
OREA Hotel Pyramida
169 01 Praha 6